Last November I had the most spiffing time at Crikey! It’s Vintage in Exeter. The Thistle Hotel is a sublime venue, with huge picture windows, high ornate ceilings and golden chandeliers that make all the marvellous stalls glitter and glint. It’s an Aladdin’s Cave – bursting with treasures and treats. Fabulously organised and supporting a brilliant charity – The Women’s Land Army Tribute. Check out the extensive list of things you can do during the day. And don’t forget to come and say hi – I’ll be there with a beautiful array of specially made shades.
- 30 Vintage traders selling everything from vintage home-wares, kitchenalia items, china, decorative items and collectables.
- 15 Handmade crafters selling vintage inspired hair accessories, jewellery, fabric items, brooches, crochet pieces, origami mobiles, retro/vintage style paintings and lots lots more!
- Two vintage fashion shows, with vintage and vintage inspired clothes sellers.
- The vintage wedding emporium.
- A retro style photo-shoot, from Jennie Hill Photography.
- A pop up beauty parlour complete with hair stylist Lucy Milton, vintage nail artist Vanessa, and Vintage make over from Jane.
- A pop up tattoo parlour from the lovely ladies of INK, Exeter.
- A bookable burlesque ‘stocking removal’ workshop, hosted by Lady Lace.
- Jive dance performances.
- A pop up cinema, showing popular retro TV shows. Complete with retro popcorn cart!
- A mini Tupperware party, hosted by The Vintage Cream.
- Super cakes from Kiss and Bake up.
- The Sewing Sanctuary will be providing make and take sessions, whereby you can make a pair of frilly knickers or a vintage style corsage, what fun!
- J W Bardgett Guitars, performances, and a bookable workshop to ‘make yourself an upright bass’.
- Make and take sessions; Make your own frilly knickers (priced at £5) and make your own vintage insipred rosette (priced at £3) These sessions will be running all day throughout the day, on a turn up and start basis. Suitable for beginners with a small amount of sewing knowledge, all materials will be provided